Thursday 30 September 2010

The Saturdays/ Ke$ha

REPRESENTATION OF ALBUM COVERS
The way that The Saturdays are presented in their albums are to be quite fun, this is because of the pop music conventions. This is acheaived by the use of the bright colours within the album cover. It is a common feature of this band for each member to be wearing a different colour, making it more colourful, and looking quite like a cartoon. The album 'Wordshaker' and their newest one 'Headlines', uses effects on their covers to make them seem even brighter and the different colours of the chairs on this cover contribute to making it even more colourful. The colours used are the same on each cover; green, pink, purple, yellow and blue. Each of these colours each have their own connotations for example green connotes the world, peace and nature. Pink connotes love, girls, soft and romance. Purple connotes royalty, and calm. Yellow connotes summer, fun, happy and cheerful. Blue connotes been calm, water and freedom. All of these connotations are positive, and so they make the band seem happy, which would help to appeal to an audience.

I am planning to do a song by the girl group The Saturdays. They already have a collection of music videos, but a wider variety of songs. Here is a list of songs from various albums:

Album: Chasing Lights
Track 01. If this is love - video exists
Track 02. Up - video exists
Track 03. Keep Her
Track 04. Issues - video exists
Track 05. Lies
Track 06. Work - video exists
Track 07. Chasing Lights
Track 08. Set Me Off
Track 09. Fall
Track 10. Vulnerable
Track 11. Why Me Why Now
Track 12. Just can't get enough (Radio Mix) - video exists
Track 13. Up (Wideboys remix edit)



Album: Wordshaker
Track 01. Forever Is Over - video exists
Track 02. Here Standing
Track 03. Ego - video exists
Track 04. No One
Track 05. One Shot
Track 06. Wordshaker
Track 07. Denial
Track 08. Open Up
Track 09. Lose Control
Track 10. Not Good Enough
Track 11. Deeper
Track 12. 2 am



Album: Headlines
Track 01. Missing You - video exists
Track 02. Ego - video exists
Track 03. Higher - video exists
Track 04. Forever Is Over (Radio edit)
Track 05. Died In Your Eyes
Track 06. Karma
Track 07. Puppet
Track 08. One Shot (Starsmith mix)
Track 09. Headlines PUSH Content (Weblink)



I was advised to use a song that has not had a video produced yet, to resist comparison.
I have marked the songs that already have a video.

Songs that have not yet been released:
1. Flashback <-- I WILL USE THIS SONG AS IT IS RELEVANT TO THE STREETLIFE MUSEUM. 2. I Can't Wait 3. Unofficial 4. Golden Rules 5. Beggin' 6. Crashing down 7. What Am I Gonna Do? I could use any of the above songs too as none of them have had a video made. Just in case I do not get permission from the Streetlife museum to shoot my video in there, I have produced a back up plan. If I can't use the museum I am going use a song by Kesha, as I have analysed a video by her already and I feel I can pick out some key elements from all her videos that make them recognisable.



Animal:
track 01. Your Love Is My Drug -has a video
track 02. Tik Tok -has a video (I have analysed)
track 03. Take It Off -has a video
track 04. Kiss N Tell
track 05. Stephen
track 06. Blah Blah Blah -has a video
track 07. Hungover
track 08. Party At A Rich Dude's House
track 09. Backstabber
track 10. Blind
track 11. Dinosaur
track 12. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
track 13. Boots & Boys -has a video
track 14. Animal

This leaves me with quite a variety of songs from Ke$ha's new album that I could use.

Again, I need to use a song that doesn't have a video to it, so that my work cannot be compared to any other. My work will be original. I have marked what song has a video which leaves me with the list of what is available to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment