Thursday 30 September 2010

Potential Ideas

My initial idea was to do a music video featured on the streets, using a variety of locations.This idea was influenced by an existing viedo by The Saturdays, called 'higher', which is based on the streets on New York. I then came up with the idea of filming my video on an old looking street, like a Victorian street. Then I thought of the Streetlife Museum in Hull, that consists of old vehicles, and set up streets with shops and houses. I found a song by The Saturdays that hadnt already had a video produced (and so my video could not be compared) and called "Flasback". This makes it relevant to the street scene.
I emailed the Streetlife museum asking for permission and to see whether it would be possible to shoot my video in there. Here is the email I sent:

Hi, my name is Sarah McKinley and I am an A Level student at Wyke Sixth Form College in Hull. As part as my A2 Media Studies coursework I am shooting a music video as Media is something I would like to do in the future. My plan is to film it on a street scene, that connotes the Victorian era. I wondered whether it would be possible, to use the Streetlife museum to shoot my video, perhaps at a time when it's not so busy so that visitors are not distracted, or perhaps when it is closed, such as a Sunday morning before opening times. It would be an enormous help if this was to be possible and would be massively appreciated! Thankyou for any help you can possibly give me!
Please reply,
Sarah McKinley.

In case this idea is unsuccessful, I brainstormed some ideas to show what intentions I have by using this song.

Scan Brainstorm

Idea 2
Just incase my plan to shoot my video in the Streetlife museum in Hull doesn't pan out, I need a second idea as back up.
I figured that I would use a different song as my second idea. This is because my plan to use the song 'Flashback' was only relevant to my idea of shooting my video in the Streetlife museum.
I have analysed a Kesha video as part of my textual analysis, and have realised that the video is fun, and bubbly. I figured doing a video like this would make mine unique too as not many videos are like that, and so I thought my best bet would be to use another Kesha song, that doesn't yet have a video. I will produce the video for it.
Here is a brainstorm I produced to show my ideas for this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment