Friday 19 November 2010

ALBUM DRAFT & IDEAS

PLANNING.

Here is a template I have created, that I should follow when producing my digipack. Looking at this template tells me I need to produce the CD itself, an album cover, back, inner 'flap' and the two spines. I have created a number of drafts that will help me to decide what place things will go, for each of the cover, back, two spines, inner 'flap' and CD.
After researching existing digipacks, I found there was a variety of layouts that could be used. The most popular layout was using a main image of the artist's face to fill the cover, then placing the name of artist at the bottom in a smaller font than the album title; positioned some where at the top.

Computerised Draft 1.

Album cover.. Back of album.. Inner 'flap' 1.. Inner 'flap' 2.. CD..



Computerised Draft 2.

Album cover.. Back of album.. Inner 'flap' 1.. Inner 'flap' 2.. CD..



Computerised Draft 3.

Album cover.. Back of album.. Inner 'flap' 1.. Inner 'flap' 2.. CD.



Hand Drawn Draft .


I will name the album after the song that my music videos to. This is because it is a popular feature used by artists. The albums I have analysed are all named after the newest released song on the album, and so I will call my album 'Kiss & Tell'.

Experiments..






These experiments will influence the images that I take for my album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment