Tuesday 23 November 2010

Dance Routine TAKE TWO2

Today I am finishing the shooting I did on the 19th November. We ran out of time last week and are therefore finishing were we left off. Today we should get more done, as it means I don't have to teach the dancers the routine, we can get straight on with the filming.
I have told them to wear exactly the same so that the routine looks continuous when it is all put together.
On Friday 26th November, I will film another two dancers. I will tell them to wear black too, and to have their hair down so that everyone looks the same.
These two dancers will be Kathryn Heathcoate and Jessica Roebuck.
I did a variety of shots include low and high angle, side shots, mid shots and long shots. I felt close ups were inappropriate as I will only use this camera shot on the artist.
I had some pictures taken to show myself teaching the dancers the routine..


Wednesday 24th November..
Today I captured the footage I filmed yesterday to find it was all out of focus. I was dissappointed with what I had filmed after spending so much time doing it, and couldn't decide what to do with it. I was influenced today after shooting my 'artist' doing the routine. Because I was able to watch it all back, it made me realise that maybe just using the artist individually would look better. This way means I don't have a problem with timing. The dancers I had filmed looked good, but in comparison to a video done by Cheryl Cole for example, it just doesn't look so professional, simply because even when the timing was just slightly out, it was so noticable. It needed to be perfect to get the right effect and because after so many tries this just wasn't happening.
I am going to edit my video together using just the artist on her own, as well as using the other dancers. I will then compare it and see which looks best. My guess is that the solo will look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment