Monday 15 November 2010

Dance Routine TAKE TWO

Today I am re-shooting my dance routine. With my second attempt, I am filming it in the green room. Today I am using just the three dancers, this is because when I have edited it all together, there will be a total of five, but because of the limited dance space in the green room I plan on filming them seperately. I will film myself teaching them the routine, and then they will perform it several times in order for me to get a variety of shots. Next week I will film another two dancers, and then on another arranged time, film the artist. I have told them all to wear black dance wear as part of their costume, in order for the artist to stand out, and so that when editing the background, their clothing will not dissappear with the background.
Another thing I will do differently is use my story board to show me which movement goes with each shot, and so that the dancers don't have to perform the full routine over and over, I will just make them do that one movement, then alter the camera angle and do another movement. This is an advantage as it means the dancers will not become so tired and I will get the best performance out of them as possible.
I am also using different dancers. This is because it was not possible to get the same dancers together again, in this location, and so I have chosen five people from my college dance course.

Dancers: Chloe Fisher, Katie Thompson, Fern Hussey.

I asked a friend to take photographs whilst I taught the routine to my dancers:

No comments:

Post a Comment