Thursday 4 November 2010

Textual Analysis- Website Homepage3


The homepage for this website uses a mixture of bright colours, but that aren't too over powering. If the hompage was pact with links, pictures and information it would look way too busy. This gives me a reasonable idea of what content I need on the homepage I will create.
I should include the artist name at the top along with an attractive picture. I think it is essential that because my artist is a pop artist, I should make the picture look fun and happy. This will also engage the audience by making them feel happy too, also because it is a homepage, it needs to look welcoming and by using a happy looking picture, I think this will be achieved.
The colourscheme in this case follows mostly a mixture of white and blue, using the occasional pink or green to break up the uniform looking layout. From this I know that I don't have to follow a set colour scheme and can bring in other colours, just like this one. The layout is very set though, things such as the videos, the edges of boxes, titles, images and information boxes are all in line, making it look neat and organised rather than looking clumsy and untidy. This means I should line everything up so that mine does the same. The links on the title bar change colour, from pink to purple when clicked on, or when the cursor hovers over it. I can use effects like this on my website, and experiment by altering things like the font, colour or size of the font when the cursor is put over the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment